Gauteng Education says six culprits identified in Glenvista school hall torching

  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 51%

Education Education Headlines News

The Gauteng Department of Education says six culprits have been identified following the arson attack on a school hall at Glenvista on Monday. glenvista

Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo said no arrests had been made as of Wednesday, and that police investigations were continuing.

“Police received a call of a building on fire at Glenvista High School. On arrival, the school principal informed the police that she was in her office when she received information that the hall was burning. “At the hall she found that the whole stage was on fire. Damages are estimated at about R400 000,” said Masondo.Gauteng Education spokesperson Steve Mabona said the Glenvista SGB was also investigating the matter.

The department said it did not have the funds to repair the hall, and that the school would have to pay for it.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.

Where’s Lesufi? He’s normally on the scene before the journalists leave!

So why are they not arrested yet?

R400K that's R66 666 each. Make them and their parents pay for the damages.

Deal with them harshly and publicly. And their parents and families.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 46. in EDUCATİON

Education Education Latest News, Education Education Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Glenvista pupils refusing to write exam torch school hallA group of Glenvista High School pupils allegedly burnt down a school hall because they did not want to write a scheduled exam. Where were the soldiers and police to arrest the bustards. Their applications in TUT Soshanguve campus for 2022 has been approved for all of them GlenvistaHigh MEB40122141
Source: IOL - 🏆 46. / 51 Read more »

We are not paying for Glenvista High fire damage, says LesufiGauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi on Tuesday said his department would not pay for refurbishment of the Glenvista High School hall which was allegedly set alight by pupils. Another great withdrawal today. I really appreciate what you have done for me, You are the best and I promise to spread your good work to the world. Thank you sir introducing me to Bitcion mining and crypto currency Alfrednewwake Let the parents pay i am sure they know who the arsonists are Great one EducationGP1. Punish these idiotic kids and let them feel the impact of destroying their property.
Source: SowetanLIVE - 🏆 13. / 63 Read more »

Glenvista High School Hall allegedly set alight by pupilsThe fire was extinguished before any other major damage was caused. These young thugs are supposedly leaders of the future And I read that one pupil is complaining about sitting outside and writing exams after they burnt the hall.Whay did he think when they burnt the hall?Sit outside and learn a lesson tyra_holmes13 😂😂
Source: eNCA - 🏆 49. / 51 Read more »

Glenvista High School: Education dept 'will not fix damages'Lesufi said the department of education will not fix the damages caused by the fire. I agree wholeheartedly 👍🏻 I was referred to this platform by a friend online and I thought it was a scam...but I was moved to try and yes I did earned....I just want to use the opportunity to share this to people to know how Miss Lisaberry1426 platform works...her good deed need a recommendation
Source: TheCitizen_News - 🏆 6. / 75 Read more »

Online admissions system back online, says Gauteng education departmentTechnicians have resolved the glitch affecting the Gauteng 2022 education online admissions system, says the department.
Source: SowetanLIVE - 🏆 13. / 63 Read more »